Let’s face it, we all want secure, well-paying jobs, where we do not have to lose our overall work-life balance. Private jobs, while they offer innumerable growth opportunities and remuneration, often end up taking over our entire lives. Public sector bank jobs, however, offer a smoother and more relaxed environment. These jobs can be applied for by appearing for bank exams.
How Do Public Sector Banks Hire?
Each year, the government announces a number of vacancies in various banking positions, for various states and union territories. Candidates that are interested in securing these positions are required to enroll themselves to appear for bank exams. While this may seem like an extremely lucrative and smart thing to do, going through the bank syllabus can become quite a daunting task. For someone thinking about taking the take these highly competitive exams, you must first understand the exam pattern.
Bank exams happen in two stages, the prelims and the mains. The preliminary exam is shorter and brief, consisting of questions related to the English Language, Numerical Ability, and Reasoning. The mains require a candidate to have a good grasp of General and banking knowledge, in addition to the above subjects. With that having been said, below are some tips and tricks to achieve the success that you desire:
- Read often- This may hold true for almost all competitive exams, it is important to read every day. General awareness is not simply a subject to learn over a few days, but a lifestyle. While some people make it a habit to read daily, others simply tend to focus on subjects that they have a personal preference for. It’s not too late though. Start spending some time each day reading through a newspaper. You will be surprised at how much information you gather in just a short span of time.
- Be curious- While some people are born with an innate curiosity towards everything, there are others who are often unbothered. If you have a curious mind, good for you! If not, you can easily develop one now. Be mindful of things that you come across and ask yourself questions about it. If you don’t have the answers, then find out. Developing a curiosity for things you don’t know about can be a very useful trait to have in whatever you choose to do.
- Spend your time mindfully- Be mindful of how you are spending your time. Some of the most successful people in the world are extremely particular about where they are putting in their time. Remember, time once spent, cannot be returned. A person who values themselves inadvertently values their own time as well. Plan your day in advance and be mindful, even when you are taking time off to enjoy yourself.
- Manage your health- A very big part of success in anything that you do is your health, physical, mental, and emotional. Make time each day to take care of yourself. Exercise for the physical, meditate for the mental and emotional. It may not be very apparent, but the state of your health determines a lot of the successes and failures in life.
- Find a partner- When giving yourself into such a pursuit, it may be helpful to find someone who is on the same journey as you. By partnering with someone, you will have someone to give you a push on a daily basis to get out of your comfort zone. Maintain a healthy bit of competition in your journey through the exam syllabus.
- Find help- Be ok with asking for help. Enroll for classes if you need to. BYJU’s Exam Prep is a great resource for the same. They offer coaching classes for students preparing for competitive exams. Be sure to attempt mock exams too.
Try using these tips while you prepare for your bank exams. The journey may be tiresome, but the destination will be worth it.